Domestic tourism in Thailand gets 22.4-billion-baht boost

0
490

[Reading level: B2 – Upper Intermediate]

The Thai government has approved a 22.4 billion baht (US$720 million) domestic tourism stimulus package as part of efforts to accelerate recovery of the Covid-hit travel sector.

 

The project, which encompasses three stimulus packages, is expected to stimulate two million domestic trips during 1 July – 31 October, 2020, and is aimed at generating income for accommodation establishments, airlines, tour companies, restaurants, and related businesses.

 

The 18-billion-baht Rao Pai Thiao Kan package will fund subsidies for accommodation and restaurants at destinations across the country. The budget will benefit 24,700 accommodation establishments and 36,755 restaurants and related businesses.

 

A total of five million nights of accommodation will be offered to domestic tourists, who will be responsible for 60% of the room rates. The subsidy will cover the other 40% but is limited to 3,000 baht per night for up to five nights.

 

Subsidies for food and attractions will be capped at 600 baht per night for up to five nights. Likewise, domestic tourists will pay 60% of the actual expenses while the subsidy will cover the remaining 40%.

 

Another two million baht for Thiao Pan Suk is to fund subsidies for two million domestic air tickets. The subsidy will cover 40% of the domestic flight fares with a cap of 1,000 baht per tourist. Tourists must book accommodation establishments under the Rao Pai Thiao Kan package to be eligible for the flight subsidy.

 

The remaining 2.4 million baht for Kamlangjai is to fund domestic holiday travel for 1.2 million health volunteers and officials of sub-districts hospitals. They must engage the services of tour companies to be eligible for the subsidy that is limited to 2,000 baht per tourist for a trip of at least two days and one night. This subsidy is expected to help 13,000 tour companies and generate 6.5 billion baht for the local economy.

 

Source: https://www.travelweekly-asia.com/Destination-Travel/Domestic-tourism-in-Thailand-gets-22-4-billion-baht-boost

WORD BANK:

stimulus package /ˈstɪm.jə.ləs ˈpæk.ɪdʒ/ (business terms): gói kích thích, gói kích cầu

accelerate /əkˈsel.ə.reɪt/ [C2] (v): đẩy nhanh

encompass /ɪnˈkʌm.pəs/ (v): bao gồm

stimulate /ˈstɪm.jə.leɪt/ [B2] (v): khuyến khích

be aimed at sth /eɪmd/ (v): nhằm mục đích gì

accommodation establishment /əˌkɒm.əˈdeɪ.ʃən ɪˈstæb.lɪʃ.mənt/ (n): cơ sở lưu trú

subsidy /ˈsʌb.sɪ.di/ [C1] (n): tiền trợ cấp

cap /kæp/ [C1] (v): giới hạn (tiền)

eligible for sth /ˈel.ɪ.dʒə.bəl/ [C1] (adj): đủ điều kiện cho cái gì


NG HỘ READ TO LEAD!

Chào bạn! Có thể bạn chưa biết, Read to Lead là một trang giáo dục phi lợi nhuận với mục đích góp phần phát triển cộng đồng người học tiếng Anh tại Việt Nam. Chúng tôi không yêu cầu người đọc phải trả bất kỳ chi phí nào để sử dụng các sản phẩm của mình để mọi người đều có cơ hội học tập tốt hơn. Tuy nhiên, nếu bạn có thể, chúng tôi mong nhận được sự hỗ trợ tài chính từ bạn để duy trì hoạt động của trang và phát triển các sản phẩm mới.

Bạn có thể ủng hộ chúng tôi qua 1 trong 2 cách dưới đây.
– Cách 1: Chuyển tiền qua tài khoản Momo.
Số điện thoại 0947.886.865 (Chủ tài khoản: Nguyễn Tiến Trung)
Nội dung chuyển tiền: Ủng hộ Read to Lead
hoặc
– Cách 2: Chuyển tiền qua tài khoản ngân hàng.
Ngân hàng VIB chi nhánh Hải Phòng
Số tài khoản: 012704060048394 (Chủ tài khoản: Nguyễn Tiến Trung)
Nội dung chuyển tiền: Ủng hộ Read to Lead

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here